Friday, August 31, 2007

Sad News

Hi blog readers.
I think many of you may know by now Penny has left us. She was accidentally killed by a truck on my folks road yesterday. We are thankful it was fast, but horrified at what my mom has had to go through as she was alone when it happened.

It may not come as a suprise that Brendan and I are devasted as she was our life and little girl. It is nearly impossible to be so far away right now but we are going to stick out these last two months as there is nothing to be done at this point except grieve and console my mama. We are taking it hour by hour day by day. It doesn't seem very real right now.

I don't know how many pithy blog entries I will have in me but I may update this at some point. I may not.

Until then remember her as an amazing pup who was fun, cuddly, wonderful and so so loving. I am so thankful she had two months of paradise up at my folks place. I am even more thankful we had the chance to rescue the best pup in the world who got 15 months of hiking, the beach every day and lots of play time. Keep my mom , dad and Brendan and I in your thoughts. We need it.

Love,
beth

5 comments:

McEvoy said...

Much love to all of you. We will miss her terribly.

Deanna Moffitt said...

Beth!! I'm so sorry to hear about Penny. Please know I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love.

- Deanna

Anonymous said...

It is sad news. I am a huge animal lover and have two dogs of my own that are truly my children. I would be devastated.

Hair Stylist said...

Beth

I am so sorry. I hope you'll heal quickly.

Cheryl said...

Beth and Brendan..We are so sorry to hear about penny..We didnt know..John is calling Lynn today..Wow..What a shock...But you all will be in our thoughts always ...Love Ya Cheryl And John